Cub Scout Program Planning
“Achievement of anything starts with a vision”
The 4 Steps of the Ideal Year of Scouting:
Click here for a 2015 Pack Annual Program Planning Guide
1. Plan: Work your way through this guide and map out the advancements, activities,
camping and training you’ll need for your Ideal Year of Scouting.
Steps to Develop Your Yearly Program Plan
• Brainstorm: Hold a brainstorming session with youth and make a list of activities.
Include a wide range of activities like field trips and service projects.
• Evaluate: The unit committee evaluates each suggestion and goes back to the unit with
an “approved” list.
• Vote: From that “approved” list, have youth vote on their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices.
The activiites receiving the most votes should be put into your program plan.
• Finalize: Put the program plan into your unit calendar and form a budget.
2. Fund: Determine the expenses from all the activities, advancements, camping and
training your unit wants to do, then decide how much fundraising your unit must do to cover those
3. Grow: When you have a good plan, communicate it to your current and potential Scouts to
engage more boys in the Scouting program, along with their parents, to help make it all happen.
4. Train: Plan to promote trainings to your current and new leaders; every Scout deserves a